Are you looking for the best digital marketing quotes? Are you a marketer who’s looking for inspiration?
You’re in the right place.
As a digital marketer, you’ll need to take care of a ton of things including social media management, SEO, email marketing, content creation, paid ads, and so much more.
So you’ll often find it hard to manage things effectively. That’s why you need constant motivation.
And… if you’re looking for a bit of motivation and looking for some inspirational digital marketing quotes, read the following curated list of quotes.
In this post, you’ll discover;
- Motivational quotes for digital marketing
- Key lessons we can all learn from each of those quotes and more
Feel free to share these motivational quotes for digital marketing with your friends on social media. Let’s get started!
Top 15 Best Digital Marketing Quotes 2022
1. “If your business is not on the internet, then your business will be out of business” – Bill Gates
Takeaway: We all know how powerful online marketing is. You can literally sell ANY product online starting from books to fitness equipment to laptops.
So if you’re already running an offline business, you can reach even more customers by building a presence online. If you’re NOT willing to go online, people may never hear about you or your brand in the future. Go ahead, start a blog or become a YouTuber to build your presence online.
2. “Content is King, but marketing is Queen and the Queen runs the household.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
Takeaway: We all know that great content is king. But people won’t see that content if you don’t promote it. Marketing is the KEY to your content marketing success.
Find every single platform including YouTube, Quora, Facebook, etc to market your products or business. Spend as much time as you can promoting your business because marketing is what helps you get more eyeballs.
3. “The best way to sell something: don’t sell anything. Earn the awareness, respect, and trust of those who might buy.” – Rand Fishkin
Takeaway: Trust is the currency, especially online. No matter what industry you’re in, build trust, create awareness and nurture your audience before you sell anything.
If you focus on your business without building trust, it can’t survive in the long run. That’s why it’s essential to nurture your audience, educate them about what you offer, and then pitch your sales.
4. “Focus on a small audience you can possibly live with and make a difference. If you can change 10 lives you can get the next 50.” – Seth Godin
Takeaway: We all want millions of visits to your website. We all want a TON of email subscribers, social media followers, and book sales. But focusing on a small audience when you’re getting started can definitely make a HUGE difference.
Focus on your first 10 customers. Then get the next 50, 100, and so on. Start small, grow big.
5. “The best Facebook ads look and feel as relevant and timely in your News Feed as the posts you see from your friends.” – Mari Smith
Takeaway: Facebook is the BIGGEST platform to run social media ads. They convert really well if your Facebook ads are extremely relevant.
It’s important to define your target audience, know their needs and run ads on Facebook that solve their needs. That’s how you get better conversion rates from Facebook.
6. “Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t want to be plastered on a billboard with your face on it.” – Erin Bury
Takeaway: Most people (including digital marketers) have a habit of posting cringeworthy stuff online, especially on social media platforms. There are many instances where people lost credibility and jobs because of their social media posts.
So ALWAYS be cautious about whatever you post online. Think twice before you want to post inappropriate posts on social media or online. Because the whole world is watching you.
7. “Don’t sweat the technical stuff. Think of conversion optimization as the process of making a new friend at a bar. Or, if you don’t like bars, think about the Girl Scouts who sell cookies at your local grocery store every February. Their key selling point? Those kids know how to convince their target customers to buy.” – Neil Patel
Takeaway: Your job as a digital marketer is to persuade people. If you learn the art of selling, you can easily double your conversions, leads, and overall sales.
Keep nurturing your audience until they’re ready to make a purchase. Once you have a customer, find ways to turn him into a repeat customer.
8. “If you hire people just because they can do a job, they’ll work for your money. But if you hire people who believe what you believe, they’ll work for you with blood and sweat and tears.” – Simon Sinek
Takeaway: If you want to build a solid digital marketing agency, you need the RIGHT team. Yes, you can hire the best marketers and writers for your agency but most of them will work for your money.
But if you have a solid vision for your company and hire people who trust your vision, you’ll go a long way as a team.
9. “If your competitors start copying you, then you are doing something right!” – Jay Baer
Takeaway: You don’t need to deal with someone copying you (most of the time). If someone’s copying your business model or product, you’re doing something amazing.
Why? People never copy mediocre things. Your goal is to create things that are worth copying.
10. “Content marketing is like a first date. If you only talk about yourself, there won’t be a second one.” – David Beebe
Takeaway: Don’t brag or make it only about yourself, your brand, or your product in content marketing. Content marketing works best only if you care about your target audience.
Create content that solves your audiences’ problems. Make your content about them, not YOU. That’s how you can get massive results from content marketing.
11. “These days, people want to learn before they buy, be educated instead of pitched.” – Brian Clark
Takeaway: Stop pitching products to your audience or customers without creating awareness about them first. You need to educate your audience and target customers about the products or services you offer.
Why? People are getting smarter and they’re using platforms like Google and YouTube to search for everything about a product before the purchase. So teach first, pitch later.
12. “I do think there is a lot of potential if you have a compelling product and people are willing to pay a premium for that. I think that is what Apple has shown. You can buy a much cheaper cell phone or laptop, but Apple’s product is so much better than the alternative, and people are willing to pay that premium.” – Elon Musk
Takeaway: Don’t think about the pricing of your products or services. Focus on value instead. If your product is good, there are a ton of people who’re ready to purchase it no matter the price.
In fact, most consumers perceive the price as the #1 indicator to judge the quality of the product (the best example is Apple). People are willing to pay premium prices if your product is good.
13. “Ask yourself, ‘What can we do in two weeks?’ and then do it. Get out there and let people use it, taste it, play it, or whatever. The quicker it’s in the hands of customers, the better off you’ll be.” – Jason Fried from Rework
Takeaway: Most people procrastinate as they spend a lot of time planning. Jason Fried suggests that you take action as soon as possible without wasting time.
If you want to launch a product, launch it, put it on the market, validate it, let people use and then make changes accordingly. Don’t waste time thinking and planning. Get your product or service out there!
14. “To stand out today, you must be original. And to be original, you have no choice but to add your own story to your content. There is only one you. That is your most valuable resource and your secret weapon.” – Mark Schaefer
Takeaway: No matter what industry you’re in as a digital marketer, you’ll be facing a lot of competition. The BEST way to stand out in any crowded market is to be original. Be unique and be YOU.
Make sure to practice the habit of including your own flavor while creating content such as videos, blog posts, emails, social media posts, etc as it’s your valuable weapon.
15. “The key is, no matter what story you tell, make your buyer the hero.” – Chris Brogan
Takeaway: In ANY business, the customer is always king. For example, take any billion-dollar company such as Amazon, Google, or Apple – you’ll notice that they all give #1 priority to their customer experience.
That’s because, without customers, businesses wouldn’t exist. They are the lifeblood of any company or brand, and every decision made should be with the customer in mind. Make your customer the hero and you’ll thrive in your business.
FAQs | Digital marketing motivational quotes 2022
Here are some of the most asked questions about digital marketing quotes and digital marketing in general.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is a marketing technique that uses digital technologies such as laptops, smartphones, etc to promote products and services online.
What are the best digital marketing blogs to follow in 2022?
Here are some of the best digital marketing blogs to read;
– Neil Patel
– Search Engine Journal
How can I start digital marketing?
The best to start digital marketing is to start your own blog. You can get started with a self-hosted WordPress platform for as low as $35 a year including domain and web hosting.
When getting started, pick one digital marketing skill such as SEO, email marketing, content creation, web design, etc. Then, learn and implement as much as you can.
What are the funny digital marketing quotes?
Here are a few digital marketing quotes that are funny.
“If you build it… you may still need Google Ads.” – Jennifer Mesenbrink
“The best place to hide a dead body is page two of Google.” – Unkown
“You know you’re desperate for an answer when you look at the second page of Google.” – Unknown
Final thoughts on digital marketing motivational quotes
Digital marketing is evolving rapidly. If you want to build your reputation, grow your skills, and build a side hustle – dive into digital marketing.
Starting a blog is probably the best way to learn and improve your skills as a digital marketer.
So what are your digital marketing thoughts? Did you find the list of digital marketing quotes for business useful? Did we miss any of your favorite digital marketing captions? Let us know in the comments below.